Sunday, July 8, 2012

1:44 AM Thoughts of a DV survivor

After a long time, I've been able to connect again. It been two years since I left and a little over one since my marriage ended. It's that season to come out of my own skin and to realize I don't have to be stuck within myself anymore, I'm healed. It's time for friends and new lovers, it's time to be free and be myself again; but where do I begin? Sometimes it is so difficult to leave the house, I've found comfort in my solitude, but then there's this deep and unavoidable longing to be near people again, to be close again, to love in friendships and in romance again. How do I balance the two. Perhaps I've offended some by cancelling outings, I need to be dealt with with patience now. I am opening but not yet fully opened. I know it's okay to open my closed eyes but the light I face may sting them since I had been in the dark so long but something, an angel, God, and myself are telling me... it's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment